If I’ve set a record this month, it’s the few hours of sleep. Basically, I have been active for the whole month without interruption. And for the first time in years, I was away from my home computer for at least a week. It was nice to be active, but now I’m willing to take it easy again.
You can guess that I didn’t make any progress with my (still) 📔 monthly project of the children's book… But I will not stress myself. The right time for writing will come. This month was a month of action.
Right at the beginning of the month, a friend visited me over the weekend for an interview for a PhD position.
The following weekend my parents visited me. We spent valuable hours and unexpectedly got closer than expected.
The penultimate weekend we travelled to London. 🔖 Read the blog entry here. A liberating experience to let work be and to concentrate exclusively on me. In the future, I would like to pay more attention to my work-life balance.
I want to give my best eight hours a day. Then drop the pen and grow personally throughout the rest of the day. Of course, I want to work on my own projects, too, after all, web design and web development is more than just a hobby.
Finally last weekend I visited my best friend and her husband. They showed me their little town and we used the weekend to bring us up to date.
Since the last weeks were so crammed, I’m looking forward to the upcoming tranquillity. To simply take time for me. To let unscheduled weekends come my way.
Degreeless.design — This is a list of everything Tregg Frank found useful in his journey of learning design and an ongoing list of things he thinks you should read. This is for budding UX, UI, Interaction, or whatever other title designers.
- Dark Patterns at Scale: Findings from a Crawl of 11K Shopping Websites
- Smile, Your City Is Watching You by Ben Green
- Vertical Rhythm in Sketch by Matej Latin
- Night Mode with Mix Blend Mode: Difference by Wei Gao
- Prevent Page Scrolling When a Modal is Open by Brad Wu
- Developing a Robust Font Loading Strategy for CSS-Tricks by Zach Leatherman
- Modern Script Loading by Jason Miller
- Wrap-Up and Coverage for Berlin 2018 by Marc Thiele
- Web Accessibility Guidebook for Developers by Nikola Shekerev
- Next generation async functions with Vue Async Function by Albert Brand
- The Simplest Way to Load CSS Asynchronously by Scott Jehl
- Keeping things fresh with stale-while-revalidate by Jeff Posnick
- Build a Vue.js SPA on Top of Headless WordPress by Maxime LaBoissonniere
- Color Mix in Vanilla CSS by Una Kravets
- CSS Mix Blend Mode – Black/White Text by Sven Wolfermann
- Tiny but accessible 5-star rating by Fred Genkin
- Only CSS: Infinite Wave 🏄 by Yusuke Nakaya
- Neapolitan Pizza Dough. One recipe; two styles. by James Holmes
- Dither / Dissolve CSS Gradients by David J. Aldred